Amzi! is now open source! Any and all contributions are appreciated and help keep the software, the Web site and our coffee machine going.
Grand Opening! Dennis Merritt's online bookstore is now open! All proceeds go towards keeping Amzi! going.
Amzi! inc. provides software and services for knowledge-based application development and deployment.
- Open Source Projects— All Amzi! products are now open source projects.
- Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server ™ — Embeddable, Extendable, Portable Prolog Implementation
- ARulesXL™ — Excel Rule Engine
- EVA™ — Vaccination Analysis and Forecast Software
- Adventure in Prolog™ — Prolog Tutorial
- Expert Systems in Prolog™ — Applications of Prolog
- Knowledge Wright™ — Customizable Knowledge-Based Tool
- Consulting & Training
Amzi! is now 99 44/100% Open Source. All of the products listed on this page are now open source projects distributed under the M.I.T. Open Source license. This means they are free to be used as you see fit. Basic versions of Amzi! products have always been free, but now the full commercial versions are as well.
Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server™ is an embeddable, extendable, highly portable implementation of ISO standard Prolog, including full support for ISO modules enabling large-scale application development. It is distinguished by:
- Logic Server API: full interfaces for both calling in and calling out from Prolog from a wide variety of development environments including C, C++, Java, Delphi, .NET, VB.
- Eclipse IDE featuring: source code debugger, cross reference, integrated listener, project support and all of the professional development features of Eclipse. Ideal for both learning Prolog and for building commercial grade applications. Amzi!'s strong Java interface made it possible to integrate intelligent Prolog debuggers, cross reference, and other features in the Eclipse Prolog plug-in.
- Virtual machine architecture allows binary code independence. Develop on Windows, deploy on Unix.
Go straight to download.
ARulesXL™ — Excel Rule Engine
A rule language and reasoning engine that is embeded in Excel, allowing for the development of rule and pattern-matching applications integrated with Excel spreadsheet data. The applications can be exported and deployed in any of the environments supported by Amzi! Prolog + Logic Server.
ARulesXL was made possible by the expressiveness of the Prolog language for the development of knowledge based languages and reasoning engines, and Amzi!'s Logic Server API which allowed for the seamless integration of the rules with Excel using VBA.
EVA ™ — Vaccination Analysis and Forecast Software
An ARulesXL application that allows for the encoding of vaccination knowledge in a spreadsheet, and the deployment of that knowledge into any other application context.
EVA illustrates the power of developing knowledge based systems customized for a particular application domain. The knowledge in EVA can be maintained and vetted by doctors, not programmers.
Adventure in Prolog ™ — Prolog Tutorial
A full tutorial for learning Prolog, using an interactive fiction game for it's basic example. In the course of the tutorial you will also build an expert system and a business application.
Expert Systems in Prolog ™ — Applications of Prolog
A tutorial with many samples showing how to use Prolog to create rule languages and reasoning engines for a variety of different types of knowledge and application.
Amzi! offers a variety of consulting services including on-site courses, custom training, prototype development, technology transfer, consulting and full application development.
Knowledge Wright™ — Customizable Knowledge Base Tool
Knowledge Wright is a customizable platform for creating domain-specific application development tools
Knowledge Wright was made possible by the expressiveness of the Prolog language for the development of knowledge based languages and reasoning engines, and Amzi!'s Logic Server API which allowed for the seamless integration with a Java-based development environment.
Copyright © 1995-2016 Amzi! inc. All Rights Reserved.
Amzi!, Logic Server, ARulesXL, KnowledgeWright, Adventure in Prolog, Building Expert Systems in Prolog, are trademarks of Amzi! inc.
Flying squirrel photo Copyright © Joe McDonald